Memory Making Golf Event
Join us for a memory making golf experience at beautiful ChampionsGate Country Club. This is where the Pros play the annual Father and Son Tournament each November. This SASHTO Golf Tournament will be held Saturday, August 9, 2008. This will be a day of enjoyment, unforgettable moments and meeting new friends. You can register for the tournament HERE
Highlights include: –
- 18-Hole Golf Tournament - Four person scramble format
- Played at both the National and International Courses
- 7:45 a.m. Shotgun Start
- Cost: $100, includes greens fee, carts with GPS system, range balls, continental breakfast, lunch and bottled water and tournament prizes
- $5.00 Super Mulligan tickets will be sold for prize drawings
- Rental clubs and equipment are available
- Fun, competition and good times!
Contact: Dave Brant - Please contact me if I can help in any way. My contact information is:
Florida Department of Transportation
719 S. Woodland Blvd.
Deland, FL 32720
Registration: All SASHTO delegates, employees and guests are welcome to participate – Please sign up HERE by July 31, 2008. The entry fee is $100.00, this includes greens fee, carts with GPS system, range balls, continental breakfast, lunch and bottled water and tournament prizes. Participation is limited to 256 players. There will be no registration refunds after July 31, 2008. Golf clubs and 2 sleeves of balls are available for rental at $63.00 + 7% tax.
Location and Transportation: ChampionsGate is located 10 minutes west of Disney off of I-4 at exit 58, Turn right at the end of the exit ramp. Transportation (vans) will be provided to the Golf Tournament from the Disney SASHTO Conference Hotels.
Format: Four - person modified scramble (select-a-shot), on-course sign-in begins at 6:30 a.m. August 9, 2008 with a Shotgun Start at 7:45 a.m. Proper golf attire is required (i.e., collared shirt, no cutoffs or jeans, t-shirts or tank tops). Soft spikes or athletic shoes are required. The weather will be hot and humid, welcome to Florida during August. Water will be provided. Beverage carts will be available during the tournament.
1. Players will hit their drive and the team will select the best drive and play their second shot from that location. This procedure will be used until the ball is holed. The team will record their score.
2. If a team is less than four players, the team will rotate the player hitting two shots from each location.
3. The position of the ball can be improved no more than one club length and no closer to the hole, but the ball must stay in the same condition. Examples: ball in the rough must be played from the rough, ball in the sand trap must be played from the sand trap. The ball may be cleaned.
4. All players will start from the White Tees. If the team scores below par they must move back one tee area on the next hole. If the team scores higher than par they must move up one tee area on the next hole. If the team scores a par they will remain on the same tee area for the next hole. This process will be maintained until the round is completed.
Super Mulligans: Super Mulligans are available for $5.00. A maximum of four per player is allowed and can be used whenever the player wants (Honor System). Each Super Mulligan purchased enters that player in a door prize drawing to be held at the Awards Reception.
Special Contests: Special Contests include Two Longest Drive Holes on each course, Two Closest to the Pin Holes on each course and Two Longest Putt Holes on each course.
Prizes: 1st through 3rd places will receive trophies and prizes. Prizes for Special Contests will be awarded. Door prizes will be drawn at the Awards Reception.